The fall CCSF tournament is coming up! Come on down and enjoy this great event organized by Mitchell Palacio and the City College of San Francisco Judo Club.
Date: Sunday, December 11, 2016
Location: City College of San Francisco Wellness Center
50 Phelan Ave.
San Francisco, Calif. 94112
Time: Tournament will commence at 10:30 am
Entry Fee: $40.00 per contestant, second family member $30.00, third or more family members FREE. Make checks payable to: ML Event Management
Awards: Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. Additional awards (Medals) will be presented to all competitors
Eligibility: Open to all qualified male and female, Junior/Intermediate and Senior competitors with current USJF, USJA or USA Judo membership cards. Must present current membership card.
Sponsored: CCSF Judo Club
Sanctioned by: USJF 16-12-03
Registration: Registration times on the day of the tournament are:
|Junior Division 5-6yrs / 7-8yrs./ 9-10yrs/11-12yrs||8:00 am to 9:30 am|
|Intermediate Divisions 13-14 yrs / 15-16 yrs||10:00 am to 11:30 am|
|Sr. White, Brown and Black Belts||10:00 am to 11:30 am|
Divisions to be contested:
|5-6yrs / 7-8yrs. / 9-10yrs. / 11-12yrs||White, Yellow, Orange Belts|
|7-8yrs / 9-10yrs. / 11-12yrs||Blue and Green Belts|
|13-14 yrs / 15-16 yrs||White, Yellow, & Blue Belts|
|13-14 yrs / 15-16 yrs||Purple Belts|
|Sr. White, Yellow, Green, Blue Belts||Pools – Light, Middle, Heavy|
|Sr. Brown Belts, Black Belts||Pools – Light, Middle, Heavy|
Black Belt competition will begin at 1:30 pm
Elimination: The Pool system of scoring will be used. Contestants will be separated by sex, age, weight and belt color. Depending on the number of contestants, the Tournament Director reserves the right to combine or change groups to benefit the majority of the contestants.
Scoring System: Places will be determined according to the following criteria, in this order:
A. Places will be determined first on the basis of wins.
B. If the numbers of wins are tied, both participants will be awarded the same medal.
Contest Rules: We will use the NEW 2013 Competition Rules (www.ijf.org)
Current IJF Contest Rules Modified as follows:
- Pre 2003 IJF Medical Rule and The CARE system will Not be in use.
- 7 meter competition area with 4 meter between mats with 3 meter safety border on edge.
- No Kani-Basami and No Double knee drop Seoi-Nage in 12 and under
- No Shime waza (chokes) in junior division (12 and under)
- 1st Accidental leg grab for all 12 yrs. and younger will be penalized with a Shido, 2nd accidental leg grab will be Hansokumake.
- 1st Accidental leg grab for all white belts 13 and older will be penalized with a Shido, 2nd accidental leg grab will be Hansokumake.
- 2.5 Minutes: (12 and under), Matte Stop Time
- We will use the “Golden Score” process for determining winners in a tied match
- Kansetsu Waza (Armbars) only allowed in the Black Belt Division
- Intermediate, Sr. White and Brown, 3 minutes……Black Belts 5 minutes
Officials Meeting: Officials Clinic/meeting will be held at 9:30 am, 3rd Floor
Tournament Director: Mitchell Palacio Email: email@example.com