|Board of Examiners Meeting:||Sunday, November 19, 2017|
|Next Exam:||Sunday, November 19, 2017
All candidates must be present (no exceptions)
|Paperwork Deadline:||Friday October 13th, 2017|
|Location:||LOCATION TO BE CONFIRMED|
1. CDC Heads Up Certification
2. USOC SafeSport Certification
- All Shodan promotion applications received on or after March 1, 2017, are required to meet these new requirements.
- Requirements are met by submitting copies of the certificates of completion for both Heads Up & SafeSport with the applicants completed USJF form 20.
- Certifications must have been completed NOT more than one (1) year prior to the submission of the Shodan applicant’s USJF form 20.
- Shodan applications that do not have the accompanying copies of the certification of completion are incomplete and will not be processed until the deficiencies are corrected.
Please use the following link to access the page on the USJF website with additional information and links to the training on the CDC and USOC websites:
Shodan: Nage No Kata (First 3 sets as tori)
Nidan: a. Competitor – Complete set of Nage-No-Kata (Tori)
b. Non-competitor – Complete set of Nage-No-Kata (Tori and Uke); Katame-No-Kata (Tori)
Options for kata requirement:
- Complete required number of Nage No Kata Clinic sessions at Soko Joshi and submit certificate from CENCO with other paperwork prior to deadline. Alternately, candidate may also complete required sessions with another qualified clinician and submit statement from clinician.
- Shodan: 2 Sessions
- Nidan: 3 Sessions
- Nage No Kata competition record
- Nage No Kata certificate from another Yundanshakai
- Candidate may perform kata in person at promotional exam in lieu of certificate.
Checklist for All Yudansha
(Black Belt Candidates: Shodan and higher)
NOTE: Late, incomplete, or non-conforming documentation by the posted deadline will be rejected and the candidate will not be eligible for promotion consideration. You will receive confirmation of receipt by CENCO, if you do not, please contact the secretary immediately firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valid USJF registration for the time in grade period required (or back fees paid)
- USJF Background Check Form and payment for background check payable to “USJF” – Mailed to USJF before the paperwork deadline.
- Mail the following before the paperwork deadline to:
CENCO Promotion Board of Examiners
301 Barclay Ct.
Palo Alto, CA 94306-4118
- Form 20 – Please have your instructor review the completed form before submission
- Form 20 Instructions
- Complete CENCO November 2017 promotion flyer which will be posted once a sanction is granted.
- Candidate and Instructor Must Attend Board of Examiners Promotion Meeting unless the BOE grants an exceptional exemption.
- Non-competitor candidates: Complete skills testing at promotional examination demonstrating rank required skills
- Sandan and higher ranks: CENCO board of examiners would like a demonstration of the candidate’s teaching techniques. This demonstration must presented in person at the exam. The presentation should be about 20 minutes in length. The demonstration should show the creativity of the candidate by integrating techniques required for their rank in Tachiwaza, Osaekomi waza , Shimewaza, and Kansetsu Waza. It should show combinations, transitions, and turnovers to and from these techniques. The Board of Examiners listens to the candidate’s description and explanation of these techniques as well as the drills and the methods he or she uses to teach these techniques. It should not just be a variation of a technique. See the example below.
- Send copies of the following documentation to CENCO board of examiners secretary email@example.com before paperwork submission deadline
- Form 20
- Background check certificate (if not applying for a new one)
- Digital copy of passport photo
- Kata certificate (if required) or dates of kata clinic
- Proof of previous rank (Nidan and higher candidates)
- Any supporting documentation such as other certificates
Obtaining Kodokan Rank
Use the following documents to apply for Kodokan Rank Certificate
- Processing Fee: $20.00*
- Shodan: $125.00 + Processing Fee
- Nidan: $150.00 + Processing Fee
- Sandan: $175.00 + Processing Fee
- Yondan: $200.00 + Processing Fee
- Godan: $225.00 + Processing Fee
- Rokudan: $250.00 + Processing Fee
- Shichidan: $300.00 + Processing Fee
- Hachidan: $350.00 + Processing Fee
- *Processing fee applies to all candidates.
Dan fees are waived for USJF lifetime members.