Cenco member club Berkeley Genco ended 2017 with four youth athletes ranked #1 in the USA. Their names and categories are:
- Tugsbayar Chagnaadorj: Bantam 3 Male 31kg
- Ankhbayar Chagnaadorj: Intermediate 1 Female 43kg
- Khuslen Munkhbayasgalan: Bantam 3 Female 27kg
- Khongorzul Munkbayasgalan: Juvenile A Female 48kg
Well done ladies and gentlemen! You can follow Berkeley Genco on Instagram here.
This looks like an amazing camp!!! Let’s all go!!!
Dear Judo Family,
Nanka would like to invite you all to our 2018 Nanka Elite Training Camp during the Memorial Day long weekend. Please read the application and RSVP your spots as soon as possible.
Look forward to seeing you all at the camp.
2018 Nanka Spring Elite Training Camp ver2 (PDF)
Lots of great competition opportunities available right here in the Bay Area in the next few months.
As always, please check the online calendar here for the latest details. Don’t forget you can import events from the Cenco calendar to your personal Google calendar for easy reminders.
Volunteers Needed Saturday, Feb 24
Cal Judo is hosting the 6th Annual Western Conference Collegiate Championships this Saturday, February 24th
In order to make the tournament a success, we are asking for table helpers, pool runners, and other volunteer support. The competition is scheduled to start at noon, so helping could be a half-day commitment, and volunteers could start after the Saturday judo class.
For those that are unavailable in the morning, we will be moving mats at 6:00am ahead of the Yongmudo tournament held at the same venue, and will need some support with weigh-ins from 9-11.
Recreational Sports Facility (RSF)
Kleeberger Field House,
University of California, Berkeley
2301 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94720
Registration and Weigh-ins 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
Referee Meeting 11:00 AM
Competition begins 12:00 Noon
For athletes interested in competing, the eligibility requirements are:
- Be a member in good standing with USA Judo (United States Judo Inc.) or other recognized organization (USJA, USJF, ATJA). A copy of your current membership card will be required at registration
- Is at least 17 years of age as of the date of the tournament and under the age of 25 as of the date of the tournament. Proof of age consisting of birth certificate, passport, or current USA Judo membership card having the age verification symbol “V” printed following the date of birth.
- Is currently enrolled as a full-time Student in an undergraduate program as defined by their institution.
The Capital Open is this Sunday, September 3rd! Click here for all the details and a downloadable entry form.
Hi everyone, the Central Coast Judo Association calendar has been updated. Two big changes:
- The Capitol Open in Sacramento has a new date: September 3rd
- The CJI State Championships has a new date: November 18th at CCSF.
Don’t forget the Santa Clara PAL tournament coming right up on June 25th. Online registration is available for this event! What a great option, let’s hope other tournament directors can put their applications online and make it easier for competitors to register!
Click here to see the full calendar or download an updated copy in PDF format.