In conjunction with Palo Alto Judo Club’s annual tournament, CENCO will be offering an exciting Referee Clinic led by Gary Takemoto on 11/12/2016 (USJF SANCTION # 16-11-10).
Sensei Takemoto was the only U.S. referee selected to officiate at the Olympic Games, a rare honor indicative of his status as one of the U.S.’s most highly regarded referees.
This Referee Clinic will be hosted by the Palo Alto Judo Club on Saturday, November 12th from 10am to 4pm at the Palo Alto Buddhist Temple, 2751 Louis Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
As you may know, from this November forward, CENCO will require Dan candidates to be certified as referees. For those seeking local or regional referee certification, a test will be administered at the end of the Saturday clinic and then a practical examination will follow during Palo Alto’s tournament on Sunday November 13th at the Menlo-Atherton High School gym. The tournament Officials meeting on Sunday will start at 9am.
The cost to attend this clinic for CENCO members will be $35 and $40 for members of clubs outside CENCO.
The clinic will cover both current status and possible future directions for rules and will be of great value for Referees, Coaches, and Competitors alike:
- Referees: Improve your “game” and get ready for further advancement
- Coaches: Learn how Referees are being guided and prepare your athletes accordingly
- Competitors: Learn how you can seek ethical advantages and avoid surprises on the mat
- Questions: Please email email@example.com
- Participants may bring their own lunch or elect to join an order for sandwiches which will be organized when the clinic starts.
- Dress code is business casual: polo shirt and slacks, no sweats, no short pants, no gym gear. Attendees may want to have a gi in their car just in case, but we expect few if any will be asked to suit up with a gi.
Clinic registration and liability waiver is attached – please share!